NCFE Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport (QCF)
A highly practical, introductory level sports coaching qualification. The course introduces pupils to the basic principles of coaching and provides learners with the skills and principles required to safely deliver sports coaching sessions.
There are four mandatory units:
- Unit one: Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Unit two: Understanding how to develop participant(s) through coaching sport
- Unit three: Supporting participant(s)’ lifestyle through coaching sport
- Unit four: Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice
In this course pupils study four units.
Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport
- Explore what it means to be a sports coach and get the background you need to participate in coaching activities.
- Understand the role of the coach in the planning, implementing, analysing and revising of coaching sessions.
- Identify a range of methods of developing learning, performance and the effective management of participant behaviour.
Understanding how to develop participant(s) through coaching sport
- This unit assesses the coach’s understanding of the principles of planning, delivering and evaluating coaching sessions, which improve participant(s)’ performance in sport.
Supporting participant(s)’ lifestyle through coaching sport
- Learn about the lifestyle factors of nutrition, physical conditioning, mental preparation and awareness of drugs, which underpin performance in sport.
Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice
- Discover the key safety aspects you need to consider and ensure that your coaching is safe and equitable (fair).