This programme provides practical, step-by-step advice on how to manage personal finances. Working through this course enables pupils to learn key skills on how to manage their money, helping them to avoid financial problems in the future and enjoy a better quality of life.
In this short course, learners work through the following topics.
- Recording income and expenditure
- Saving money
- The importance of money management
- Avoiding debt
- Bank accounts and statements
- Understanding pay slips
- The benefits of saving
- Understanding the term ‘significant expenditure’
- The costs involved in making a significant purchase
- Making purchasing decisions
- Exploring insurance options.